Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh celebrate State Formation Day on November 1.
Here are some interesting facts that I came across about Kerala:
1. Kerala was named as one of the “ten paradises of the world” and “50 places of a lifetime” by the National Geographic Traveler magazine (In 2008).
2. Kerala is one of the few regions in the world where communist parties are democratically elected in a parliamentary democracy.
3. UNICEF and the World Health Organization designated Kerala the world’s first “baby-friendly state”.
4. Kerala’s road density is nearly four times the national average, reflecting the state’s high population density. Kerala’s annual total of road accidents is among the nation’s highest( Kumar KG (2003). ‘Accidentally notorious’, The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved on (2007)).
5. Interestingly, The Cochin International Airport at Kochi is the first international airport in India that was built without Central Government funds, and is also India’s first publicly owned airport